Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Babies...and no I'm not pregnant!

So recently I have been thinking a lot about babies. Ok, so I'm lying I have always thought a lot about babies. Particularly Seth and my babies. I imagine what they'll look like, if they'll be boy or girl, blonde or bald, brown eyes or green. I wonder if they will grow into more reserved, logical people like Seth, or impulsive and hyper like me. I wonder if they will like sports or by some miracle be musical. I wonder how it will feel to be pregnant and feel tiny kicks from inside, little reminders of the miracle growing within me. If you haven't noticed I am not only baby hungry, I am baby STARVING! But Seth and I have both agreed that I need to finish school before we start having babies of our own. I know it's the right thing to do for us (particularly for my sanity), but it is so hard! And it is only getting worse the longer we've been married. It's embarrassing, honestly. It is not unusual for me to start crying in church when I see a pregnant lady or a new mom. Or just a Gerber's commercial. It has become a sort of joke between Seth and I, but let's be honest it's just pathetic. Admitting you have a problem is the first step though, right? Oh well. In the meantime I will just daydream about when I can finally be a mom. Just for kicks let's play pretend.


Let's say this is my little boy. And let's say his name is Boston Seth Merrill.

OR


I have a little girl, Ansley Grace Merrill. And yes my little girl will be in pearls before she can walk!

Ok, so let's be real. I hope my babies are that cute! But make believe children are not going to satisfy my need to hold and spoil a cute little baby. I guess I'll just keep on spoiling my perfect little niece and nephew! They are the only reason I can hold out til graduation! Love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment