Monday, June 13, 2011

Our 1 year anniversary!

Seth and I have now been married a year! Seems so crazy to think it's been that long already! I guess time flies when you're having fun, right? It has truly been the best year of my life, and I am so excited to think of all the wonderful times we have ahead of us! Since this is an anniversary post, I get to be a little gushy and no one can get annoyed at me for it, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity! I am so so grateful that I have Seth in my life. He is seriously my very best friend. It is so nice to know that I ALWAYS have him to come home to and tell him all about my day. I love falling asleep and waking up next to him. I love that when I get mad he always knows how to make me laugh and forget why I was ever upset. I love the way he always teases me and picks on me ( most of the time, anyways!). I love that he works hard to take care of me. I love that he sees the good in everyone. I love that he has never raised his voice at me and that he always treats me kindly. I love how safe he makes me feel. I love that he is a genuinely good guy that would help anyone out. I love how supportive he is of my efforts in school. I love how sweet he is to my baby niece and nephew and how I know he will make a great daddy someday. You get the idea. I just LOVE him. Ok, that's enough mushy gushy to last me a year, but I needed to put it out there! So, holidays are a big deal to me. Not so much to Seth. So I was a little nervous he wasn't planning anything special for our anniversary. But I shouldn't have worried because he went all out. After my half marathon Saturday morning I kept asking Seth what we were going to do that night to celebrate, and he acted like he had no idea. Needless to say I was annoyed. But then he told me to pack a bag with cute clothes and get in the car to go to our "activity." I quickly hurried over to my friend Diana's house to raid her closet for a cute dress and we headed off. I had no idea where we were going, and I almost always figure these things out. We ended up pulling into this super cute place called Homestead Resort where Seth had reserved a room for us to stay the night. It was so beautiful, and I was so excited. They also have this place called the crater which is a natural hot spring in this huge crater that we got to go swimming in. It was so cool! Then, we got prettied up and headed into Park City to go to an Italian restaurant for dinner. The food was really good, and we left feeling very full. Then we rented a movie and went back to the room for the night. The next morning, I woke up deathly ill. I won't go into details, but I have never been so violently sick in my life. It was awful. I don't know if it was the food or a virus, but on our actual anniversary I was so sick. Seth was sweet and took care of me, and I feel much better today. But there is nothing like being sick on your anniversary to make it memorable! I was just so glad that we were able to enjoy Seth's cute date the night before without me being sick. Despite the sickness, it was a great anniversary :)


In the garden before dinner

Seth at the restaurant that could or could not have made me the sickest I've been in my life haha

Me at dinner :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, That sounds like heaven (minus the being sick part, SO sorry)! You shouldn't feel the least bit silly for posting how much you LOVE him!! He sounds like a really easy guy to love!! You two have an even better year this next one!! Great Job Seth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love you both so much!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete