Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ok, so I'm trying this whole blogging thing out because it seems to be the thing to do once you get engaged...ENGAGED...still sounds kinda crazy to me! But Seth and I are so excited to be getting married this summer! Although we joke that it is never going to come, it is in actuality approaching quickly. We will be getting hitched on June 12th in the Columbia, SC temple with a big party afterwards in my hometown, Aiken. Things are coming together pretty well.

We found a cute condo in south Orem, and we are so excited! We got super lucky in getting it because there were several other couples interested in it, also. It has two bedrooms, a pool, jacuzzi, grill, and playground.





So those of you who know Seth know how he is about getting good deals. Well, when we were looking for a bed he got a deal I don't think he'll stop talking about for months! Jace (Seth's brother) has a friend that works at RC Willey outlet that hooked us up with a king size mattress that was usually $1300 for only $495! Danny, we are forever in your debt!


We also got our engagement pictures taken for free by my roommate (and bridesmaid) Whitney's mom. They turned out beautifully, but I promised my mom I would not post them until the announcements went out so stay tuned :)

Also, we registered for gifts at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. This may seem like a fun, easy task, but I took it very seriously. Reading reviews, comparing prices, and double checking took a lot longer than I thought it would. But it's done now!

We booked Aiken Center for the Arts for our reception, and we think it will end up being a really cool place with lots of room for dancing!



With the dresses, cake, flowers, and suits ordered the only thing left is addressing 500 invitations...oh joy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm the first to leave a comment. Welcome to the world of blogging. I am so happy for you Brooke. It looks like Heavenly Father is giving the two of you a taste of what lies ahead, blessings for doing what's right. Now you both just have to work hard at treating one another right and you'll be able to face the the not so tasteful trials that we all have to over come. I love you and will stop writing so I don't leave you a book. Go ahead and add my blog to your addresses! =)

    ReplyDelete